Friday, January 25, 2013

valentine's mantle

Yay!  A few snow & ice days stuck at home have pushed me to tackle my Valentine's mantle.


Last year was the first year I had done any special decorating for Valentine's Day.  Being hopeless un-romantics, Charles and I usually don't mark the holiday.  But having children who might someday marry someone of a different grain has prompted us to give it a little more attention, just so they will know how to go pick out roses and candies if necessary.  Having a home blog certainly makes me look for any excuse to decorate too!


As it turns out, I actually fell in love with my birds + burlap mantle last year and was sad to take it down.  I used several of the same elements from last year, plus my wooden blocks from Christmas.  I also added a Keep Calm sign and a Mod Podge piece to give it a little more staying power.  Our anniversary is March 2, so with a reference to our upcoming 17 years, I can keep it up for a couple more weeks, right?



{Linking up to a few of my favorite parties...}

3 comments:

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

Fun! We don't "do" Valentines either, and really I really don't do a lot of holiday stuff since the kids left home. With this house, it's more about keeping it from falling down around our ears!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Aww so sweet! I love the "Keep Calm and Be Mine" frame!

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

It's perfectly Valentines-y without all the glitter and tack I usually associate with it. ;) Pretty!