Thursday, January 31, 2013

color trends {emerald}

I love color trends.  I love that some amazing group of designers and buyers somewhere meets in secret to decide on a new color, give it a cool name, and splash it all over all the latest fashions and home decor so we'll have to go shopping!  This drives my husband crazy.  He predicts they just let an intern throw a dart at the colorwheel.  (No!)

This year's Pantone color is a trusty friend.  Revived from 80's jewel tones and vintage green glassware, who doesn't love Emerald?






Emerald furniture

Emerald clothing
Emerald home accessories
Sparking any ideas?  

I must confess, while I can appreciate these inspiration pics, I'm not scheming on how I can work this in to my home or closet the way I did last year with tangerine.  But with Saint Patty's Day around the corner, I'll do a little something fun and see if I get the bug.

So if you were the intern famous designer who got to name this color, what would you call it?

7 comments:

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

I actually like this year's choice better than last year's! Something very luxurious about it...
xo Heidi

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

You know...there's a city that's emerald. And slippers that are ruby. And Neil that's a Diamond.

Mrs R said...

Tisha,

Love that emerald dress. So beautiful!

BTW I've started a new blog. You and yours are cordially invited. :-)

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

This is my all time favorite color!! I am getting ready to paint a buffet this color. I wrote about it not too long ago. :) http://drabtofabdesign.com/2013/01/fabulous-finds-antique-buffet/

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

I am turning into a green girl thanks solely to emerald!!

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

I'm all about this color! I'm fantasizing about painting my daughter's bedroom ceiling emerald with white walls, oooh, so nice.

sidenote- how do you get the caption with the link from PInterest? the one that says, "soandso via Tisha on Pinterest"?

Thanks!

Jessica

thistlewoodfarm said...

I'm not that crazy about it! I am still trying to wrap my head around tangerine!

blessings,
karianne