Saturday, December 8, 2012

coffee love

One of the items on my 2012 to-do list was to create a coffee station in my kitchen.  And look, I'm squeaking in just as it's time to start planning my list for next year.  But I'm in L-O-V-E!



A little hand-painted sign and chalkboard labels on my Ball jars make this downright homey.  Last time my in-laws were over they had two cups of coffee and that night I found a dime tucked between a couple of coffee cups.  Too fun!


This area was a dumping ground for my purse, so it looks much more like a planned part of the kitchen now, and I've been hiding my purse in a large beverage tub in the corner.


I still need some ideas for the bulletin board.  I want to cover it with fabric, I think, but I can't decide what color/style.  Maybe a gray geometric pattern, sort of light like the walls?  Any suggestions?


{Linking up to a few of my favorite parties...}

9 comments:

Bliss said...

I had this on my list as well since our Keurig came to live with us last Christmas. Well, it's still tucked in an odd corner, but getting plenty of use. Maybe for 2013?

Bliss

Emry said...

I love this idea, Tisha! It turned out so well.

thethinkingcloset said...

Your station looks so enticing! I recently bought a Keurig and made a hot drink station for our guest room...but my husband and I use it nearly every day! Do you mind me asking what you included in your mason jars? Love how they look. (And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.) -Lauren

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

I am in L-O-V-E too!! I'm a relatively new coffee convert, but this is just too great to not want to copy...

thethinkingcloset said...

Hi Tisha! Thanks for your reply on google+. I had no idea that the whole "no-reply" issue applied to me since I'm on wordpress, but apparently it does! I made a few edits to my blogger profile. Do you mind letting me know if it went through? My email (if it doesn't appear) is thethinkingcloset {at} wordpress {dot} com. Thanks so much for your help. (And I love what you have in the mason jars - - I just may have to do the same with our drink station someday.)

thethinkingcloset said...

Third time's a charm? (Thanks again for being my go-to girl in trying to solve this problem. It has been a joy to correspond with you today!)

thethinkingcloset said...

Last comment, I promise. (You're probably getting sick of me by now.) I updated my google+ settings now, too. So we'll see if that did the trick!

Mrs Bishop said...

How cute! We're going to put a coffee bar in our kitchen, and this is good inspiration. Love the sign!

Lisa Montsion said...

I love coffee.

lisa