Sunday, November 25, 2012

three cheers for Christmas

Okay, I'm going to say it - decorating has been really low on my list of priorities this fall.  Gasp!  Summer projects are left undone, and most of the fall decor never even made it out of storage this year.  I've missed it, but other things have been keeping me busy.

So Christmas decorating has been all the more special to me this year.  I'm not pulling out all the stops, but I did kick my traditional Christmas red to go for some whimsical pink and turquoise.  Today, I'm going to show off my mantle...



I started with some artificial greenery, a collection of ornaments from Walmart and the dollar store, a bunch of empty boxes and some wrapping paper, most of which I already had on hand.  I'll add in some live magnolia branches a little closer to Christmas, but even as is, I'm pretty in love with this.

Hip, hip, hooray!  (Do you count that as three cheers - one for each word - or just one for the hooray?  Better give two more just to be sure...)
Hip, hip, hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

Do you love your mantle?  Please tell me why and give me a link to your site so I can check it out.

{Linking up to a few of my favorite parties...}

9 comments:

Leslie said...

It looks perfect! Love the colors. Where have you been? Missed your posts.

jeanetteann said...

Your mantle is lovely
I do love the one I've just done in my dining room because I kicked the red too. It's all silver and white. x

Kirby Dunton Carespodi said...

MUCH nicer than mine--I'm going low-maintenance this year. The post will be up this morning.

Bliss said...

Looks like you pulled out a few stops to me! My fav.... the little gifts, think I want to do that (which WOULD be pulling out the stops for me). Pinning to remind me.

Bliss

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Loving the colors your chose! Who says it always has to be red and green? It even loks a little summery, if that's a thing:)

Jessica

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Welcome back!!! Love the whimsical look. I just did my mantel yesterday ... I went red and gold!

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

You're back!!! Yayyy!!! I think the pink and turquoise is really cute and fun!

We have four Christmas trees sitting on our mantle, but I'm not quiiiiite done with it just yet. ;)

Tiffany Joan said...

Love the combo. You can never go wrong with pink and turquoise. I too did these colors for Winter:)

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

Oh my goodness! Love, and sharing on FB!