Tuesday, July 24, 2012

for kelli

Yesterday I spent a fun morning with a friend.  Well, it was fun for me, but possibly nothing short of torture for her...

Kelli called me several months ago to get help with a slipcover.  She had some pretty mean sewing skills and wanted to try a slipcover for her sofa, but she didn't know where to start.  I helped her select some fabric and gave her a homework list: prewash the fabric, make enough covered cording for the whole sofa, & make the covers for the cushions.  That was done, and she was ready to have me come over and help her layout the body pieces and give her some construction tips.

Like a dummy, I forgot to take pictures.  It would have been fun to see us stretched out all over the floor with khaki duck cloth.  We cut and pinned and basted for a few hours, then I left her on her own to wade through the rest.  When I spoke with her last night, she had gotten an amazing amount done!

While I was there, we talked about her colors and decor.  She has soft green walls with lots of great wood tones - wood floor, trim, mantel, table.  Her sofas will be off-white & khaki and the window panels are solid off-white as well.  Most of her photo frames are black as are the curtain rods.  And she's clamoring for a touch of orange, which she is already using in her master bedroom and guest bath.  She's also working on some cool gallery walls.

So, Kelli, here's a little inspiration for you!


Source: houzz.com via Tisha on Pinterest



And for more green + orange ideas, check out one of my favorite bloggers, Holly @ Life as a Thrifter.

3 comments:

Whitney @ drab to fab design said...

I can imagine sewing a slipcover is a HARD task! Your first inspiration photo is my favorite...I love the soft green walls with all the wood, and of course the pop of orange!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Tisha,

I am feeling the need for a little color myself. I love the last picture with the navy blue :)

blessings,
karianne

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

So pretty, I love getting a little bit of inspiration while I run around my house pretending I don't have a blogging without borders challenge to complete:)

btw- how did you do the recent posts part at the top? It looks awesome!