Monday, June 11, 2012

virtual summer mantle

This summer, instead of creating a new mantle, I tweeked elements from my spring mantle which I love so much and don't want to part with just yet.  However, I've seen so many great new things in my favorite catalogs that are just begging for a good knock-off, so I thought I'd share a few virtual mantle ideas in case you have an itch to try them.
Photo Sources:  Ballard Designs perched birds, steepled birdhouse, calypso bottles, & Suzanne Kasler postcard mat
I would love to see a huge wall version of that postcard mat!  

Photo Sources:  Pottery Barn ocean pier sign, Ballard Designs Wellies planter, PB Bristol lanterns
I saw some cute lanterns at Target today for $5 & $10, and I bet you could find some cheap rubber boots at Goodwill to spray paint.

Photo Sources:  Pottery Barn painted American flag & wood buoys; terrarium from BH&G
I've never done a red, white, and blue theme before, but this is really speaking to me.  I can see a huge pallet flag, like this one at Jess' Journey through Life, Love, & Motherhood.  Hop on over to see how she did it...


Any takers?  I really hope someone will help me live out my dreams.  PLEASE send me a link if you do it - I want to pin!


9 comments:

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Ah, great ideas, Tisha!! I'm working on my "summer" mantle this week, too -- won't be drastically different than the spring, but it's fun to add a little something else. :)
Thanks for sharing!
xo Heidi

Andrea@ourbluefrontdoor said...

Awesome ideas! Lowe's has small red lanterns too for cheap. I was just thinking I should get a couple. I love using what I have though.

Eclectically Vintage said...

I actually just found the world's biggest lantern at a garage sale for $7! I was patting myself on the back and it's now happily sitting on my patio. And that postcard mat is fabulous!
Kelly

reFresh reStyle said...

I want all of the above! Love it all :)

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Love the virtual mantle idea, that would be way better for me!

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Jess said...

Tisha, Thanks so much for featuring my Pallet Flag. That one was actually a gift for my Daddy, and I still haven't made one for myself. That should be a project this Summer.

Jeanette said...

I do love that Ballard Designs birdhouse. I plan on doing a "similar look" very soon. Isn't is great when you do a design and you don't want to part with it yet?

Sarah Beth said...

Found this at Home Stories A2Z. We recently purchased a home with a fireplace and I can't wait to decorate it. I have a feeling I will change it every month =) I would love it if you checked out my blog. www.woodsfamilyofthree.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

great ideas! I love summer mantles....oh well everything summer!!!

your newest follower....Danielle
http://bellaella2121.blogspot.com/