Tuesday, May 29, 2012

owl nursery updates

I don't know if I have writer's block, or blog burnout, or busy life, or what...
but lately I just haven't felt like posting.  Do you ever get that way?  For months, I spent way more time on the computer than I probably should have, pinning and playing with photos in Picnik, posting, editing, and commenting on every great project that I could find.  I was constantly dreaming up new crafts and completing projects to write about.

Then, I went MIA.  The last weeks of school got crazy, and it was all I could do to keep my head above water, much less decorate or post.  And I was so close to putting the finishing touches on the girls' room,  so....close....

If you've been watching my pinterest boards lately, you could guess what I was up to...



Source: etsy.com via Tisha on Pinterest


Gallery wall sources:
Alphabet art
Katie Daisy LOVE print (Thanks, Kelly!)
Owl art prints
"owl love you forever" free printable (I printed this on a transparency and framed it on top of fabric.)
Crystal doorknob from Hobby Lobby ($10 regular price, but I bought it on a sale day @ 50% off)

And you can check out these older posts on this room:
For my fabric sources, click here (you'll notice I've rearranged the furniture a bit).
Daisy lampshades - I like these SO MUCH BETTER since I've moved them and added the LOVE art.
Round mirror tutorial

More details on the over-the-crib decor when I finish a couple more stuffed owls (and maybe a crib skirt, and maybe a pillow...)!

{Linking up to some of my favorite parties:}

16 comments:

Emma said...

I love you ideas! I have an old heirloom baptism dress I want to use (one day ;)) in decorating a nursery too!! plus I love the owls... I might be a bit far to ship but I would love to be in your giveaway :)
your newest follower
Emma
http://emma-randomramblings.blogspot.com/

Robin @ Happily Home, After said...

Tisha,

What a great idea to print text on an overlay sheet and place it on top of a fabric background! I love the potential for updating the text over time without the hassle of needing to create a new background. Not that I'd want to change the "owl love you forever" because it is so clever and sweet. I have both a laser & inkjet printer so I have to read their manuals to see if either can print on a transparency; curious what you used for printing.

To your question re: posting malaise ... I'm in the thick of it myself. I've had 2 mos of very very sparse posting and not nearly as much blog reading or pinning either. I hope we both work through our "blocks" and return to posting even though it may be different than before; I enjoy your posts and I've enjoyed posting myself and so here's best wishes to both of us :)

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Your girls' room looks fantastic! I love all the detail you put into it. I love the owls theme as well!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Okay....Tisha....I thought those pictures were your inspiration. Details....details....please :) I love the flowers hanging from the ceiling! I love the owl prints giveaway....enter me please :)

blessings,
karianne

Amy@BuffaloRoam said...

Gorgeous! It is absolutely stunning. Beautiful job!

Bliss said...

Life has a funny way of interrupting plans doesn't it?

~Bliss~

Kim (TheMoney-Pit) said...

I love this room.. I have really girly girls.. and this just totally reminds me of them. I really love the bed. Actually there isn't anything I don't like.. it is beautiful!

uniquelyyoursormine said...

Love owls! I wrote a post on a set of chairs that I updated with owl fabric on the seats, if you are interested please stop by and take a look at them, I think they would look great in the nursery ;) - Susan

Recipes We Love said...

just too sweet

Kelly @ View Along the Way said...

STUNNING. Just beautiful! And I love that you got the katie daisy print too. I hope everything calms down for you now that summer is here!

Laurel said...

I just love the girls rooms! Perfect mix of pink with the black and white. Beautiful!

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

I love the owl theme! Plus I think it could work (with slightly less pink) for a mixed-gender room too I'm always on the lookout for things like that, since I never know what the final bedroom/child/gender situation will be around here (we're only on baby #3 after all!).

I feel you on the blog burnout, I've still been enjoying the blogging side, posting and all that, but not the visiting, linking up, commenting forever, stalking blog parties...

Oh, the baby just got up from the shortest nap in history, gotta run!

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Linda said...

Very sweet theme. Pink and black are awesome together.

Jaime Lyn said...

I adore the whole look. The owl love you forever art! :o) every single little detail makes this room so so perfect!

:o)
Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

Abbie said...

Ooooooh, Tisha! You did such a fantastic job! Such a pretty, soothing color scheme (and the "owl love you forever" is just too cute!).

Featuring you today for Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL! : )

~Abbie

Jeannie-JB said...

I love owls and I really love your nursery. Great job!