Friday, March 23, 2012

frosted privacy window

Our master bathroom has a little window over the toilet that looks out onto our backyard.  Because of the slope of our yard, the window is nearly eye level with an area where the children often play.  I've wanted to do something different since we've moved in, because we've simply had the (dirty, old, plastic) one-inch blinds that came with the house hanging closed over that window day and night.

Then I found this wonderful tutorial at Making It Feel Like Home, which led me to her inspiration, this post by Seventh House on the Left (with printable Moroccan template).  And guess what...I had half a roll of clear contact paper in my craft stash, so this was a zero dollar project!  I cut out about 25 of the designs (mine are the same size as the original template), and stuck 'em on.  The cutting took one evening of TV, and the sticking took even less time than that.

I love it!  Now we just close the blinds in the morning when we shower, but they are hidden the rest of the day.  Yea!!





{Linking up}

9 comments:

thistlewoodfarm said...

I saw this over at Seventh House....loved it then and I love it now! Great inexpensive idea.

blessings,
karianne

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Such a great idea Tisha...I've been looking for frosted spray paint and can't find it anywhere on this island....I wonder if I'd have better luck finding contact paper?!?! We will see. Thanks so much for sharing.
Karah

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Yay! I also saw the tutorial, if I had sidelights or a window that needed it, I would be all over this! Great job.

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

becky@cup.of.joe said...

So nice! I would never guess that is contact paper!

Tricia said...

Looks great! :) I'm a new follower!

makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

micki @ ADD housewife said...

i've been meaning to do this project myself. great job!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

What a great project! I need to do this to our living room windows, to hide all the junk my neighbor leaves in his driveway, which is 4 feet from my house :( Thanks Tisha!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

What a fabulous easy peasy fix!

Thanks so much for linking it up!

:)
Linda
www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage said...

Love it - the pattern is fab! Glad you linked this up as well!
Kelly