Thursday, March 8, 2012

first, I'd like to thank the Academy...

I've been blogging now for about six months.  It's been so fun to share some of my projects and to be inspired by so many other fellow bloggers who have amazing creativity!  The community of decorating & crafting junkies has been very receiving.  Can you believe there are actually people who follow me?  

I've seen blogs with various awards listed in the sidebar, and then I've seen blogs which proudly display that they are "award free."  No question here.  My designer dress is ready...is the red carpet out?

Over the past few days, three different blogs have told me that they chose the Delectable Home for the Liebster Blog Award! So, show me the money!
{What, there's no money?}

Thanks and a shout-out to: {1} Hannah & Caroline @ Double the Decor; {2} Karin @ Yankee Doodle Designs; and {3} Candy @ Candy's Clothes Closet.








The Liebster Blog Award promotes up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers as a way to help them get more exposure, kind of like a bloggy chain letter. As the winner, I get to choose five up and coming blogs (with less than 200 followers each) and give them a Liebster.  So here are my picks:

{1} No. 2 Pencil - First, I think Melissa is just too cute!  But she also likes yellow & gray, furniture makeovers, and chocolate chip cookies in a cup.
{2} A Place 2 Call Home - Start with Jeni's house tour, and it will be easy to see why she's on my list...canvas slipcovers, turquoise chair, chevron rug...
{3}  A Mother & a Daughter - Barbara & Alicia have lots of fun with DIY projects, sewing, and dressing up Alicia's two adorable kids.  My recent favorite is their transformation of some old goose pictures.
{4} The Creviston Nest - Jennifer is a brand-new blogger (only 6 posts), but her furniture projects are fantastic, so I'm sure she'll grow quickly.
{5} Joyful Java - Becky is a real-life friend of mine, and she is as inspiring as her blog.  She is taking a little time away, but stop by and get caught up until she gets back.

I hope you'll visit each of these great blogs to help them grow {because that's almost as good as money}!

12 comments:

Anne said...

Congratulations! Couldn't have happened to a nicer blogger!!

xox

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

Well deserved!

becky@cup.of.joe said...

Sweet you. Thanks Tisha. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

A Mother and A Daughter said...

Congratulations to you, Tisha! And thanks for nominating our blog! We are truly honored! Now we must get busy choosing our five blog picks! ~ Barbara and Alicia

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Congratulations, Tisha! So happy for you -- Enjoy!!

chateau chic said...

Hi Tisha, Congrats on your award!! I'll be stopping by some of the ones you passed it on to.
Mary Alice

Jennifer Creviston said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you for your comment on my blog :) and mentioning me! Wow!

Amy Thayer said...

Love the Creviston Nest! Her furniture always turns out so pretty :)

Leslie said...

WOW, and Congrats. Also, thanks for the sweet comments and tips on my blog. I am interested in this 'comment verification' thing, but I can't seem to find the link you mentioned. If you have a sec, could you stop by and leave the link (at your convenience!) Again, thanks for your help. I have been blogging for years, but just started putting my blog out there about three or so months ago...so, all help is appreciated!

Whitney @ The Rooster And The Hen said...

Congratulations! I love the sense of community that comes with this award - well done!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Congrats! And thanks for pointing me in the direction of some fabulous new blogs ... my reading list is growing by the day...

:)

Linda

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Congrats...headed to check out your fellow Liebster blogs now. :)
Karah