Saturday, March 10, 2012

chair silhouette art


By way of introduction, let me say that if you clicked on this post because you thought it was going to be a really cool project you could do with your Silhouette, alas it is only a project about chair "outlines".  I still do not have a Silhouette (which I publicly lament as often as possible in hopes that one of you will finally pick me to win your giveaway or that some kindhearted person would send me theirs that they never use - I have no delusions that my husband would take this as a hint to buy me one since he never reads my blog).  But if you have one, perhaps you could do an even cooler version of this...

I found some great square prints at a rummage sale last summer, and since they were only $2 each, I couldn't pass them up.  They were so outdated...dark green frame, cream & green mats, with sketches of potted herbs.  I decided to revamp them and use them on my blank dining room wall (where I hope to hang a family sign when I finally get around to making one).

{materials:}
can black spray paint
2 sheets of white/gray scrapbooking paper
sheets of turquoise and black scrapbooking cardstock
black sharpie marker
glue stick
scissors

First, I disassembled the artwork, spray painted the frames, and set them aside to dry.

Next, I found some chair silhouettes I liked online (Google image search), and modified them to fit my frames and look like a set.  I sketched the silhouettes onto the black cardstock, then cut & glued them to the decorative paper.

I cut the turquoise cardstock into strips that would fit over the outer mats and glued them in place.  I also colored the inner mat with the black sharpie marker.

And that's it!

{Linking up with a few of my favorite parties:}

3 comments:

thistlewoodfarm said...

Tisha,

Those are so cute! I love the color! You always have the best projects :)

blessings,
karianne

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Very cute! Gotta love when you bring something outdated to modern times. :)
Karah

kim said...

I made some chair silhouette art, but man-I like yours a lot better:)I would be so totally excited if you came over to link up at my party going on all weekend!
Kim
http://too-much-time.com/2012/03/get-schooled-saturday-14-list-plan-it-giveaway.html