Wednesday, February 22, 2012

fake mantels

One week till our spring mantel party!  Is everyone thinking of ideas and getting your craft on?  

What, you don't have a fireplace mantel?  Well, how about hanging a mantel shelf in your hall...



Or over your sofa...



Or over your bed...

Source: google.com via Tisha on Pinterest


You could also do some springish decorations on your wall shelves, buffet, coffee table, end table, sofa table, or any old table.  In fact, to paraphrase Liz Lemon, "There are no rules except always put plastic on the top shelf of the dishwasher or it will melt.  Otherwise, no rules!"

I can't wait to see your spring mantels next week!
(Wanna see my spring mantel - click here.)


3 comments:

Brooke @ Inside-Out Design said...

I love these ideas, especially the one over the bed!

Sherry said...

I really like the shelf over the sofa! The look anyway...I wonder if I would be nervous that something might fall on my head? lol. I have no fireplace but may have to decorate a cabinet top so I can join in. Either way I'm looking forward to what gets linked up! Have a great evening Tisha!

Sarah @ Home, Sweet... said...

Hey! I found you via a blog called Happy as a Lark -- she referenced your bird art in her latest post. Anyway, I kind of had a ton of bricks moment when I saw your fake mantel over the couch idea. I have mourned the absence of a fireplace ever since I moved into my house, but it never occurred to me to just make my own mantel! Amazing. Such a simple idea and I love it -- will def be pinning this! And as far as things falling on your head, I'm sure you could easily add a ledge to the outside if you were building it yourself (as we probably would be)...and then hang it out of the kids' reach ;)