Wednesday, January 4, 2012

punch list for the new year

I'm not really one to make many New Year's resolutions, since I sort of have a running list of to-do items and goals all the time. As soon as I get one checked off, I've added two more. Like most people, I could always eat better, pray more, and spend less money. But specifically on a personal level, I'd like to train and improve my half marathon time this spring, and I want to spend more one-on-one time with each of my children every day. For now, I'm planning to set aside at least 15 minutes per day to pursue each of them.  We'll see how this morphs as we work it out. But this is a home blog, right?  So here is my initial decorating & sewing punch list for 2012:

Asphalt path BEFORE
Top priority - Front Walk:
Last summer we began uncovering the front sidewalk which had been paved with an asphalt path by the previous homeowners. We had hoped to find the sidewalk underneath in better shape, but the job quickly grew into a much bigger project than we had anticipated.  Now we are thinking that we'll just tear the whole thing out and start from scratch. This is a job that I am not planning to do myself and cannot currently afford. Most of my sewing monies earned this year will be set aside for this.  I'm dreaming of a stamped concrete walk with new landscaping.  Maybe like this...


Source: bhg.com via Sadie on Pinterest


Kitchen & Family Room: BEFORE (top)
& Latest Progress (bottom)

Kitchen & Family Room:
These are the rooms I worked on in 2011, so there are just a few details to be completed.  My new dishwasher is scheduled to arrive any day, and I've already begun cutting out the slipcover for the sectional sofa.



Coffee center idea (I love the row of hanging cups):


Source: Uploaded by user via Tisha on Pinterest


I've been envisioning a settee on the back side of my table, 
Source: wayfair.com via Tisha on Pinterest










but now I'm inspired to construct a bench seat instead - maybe a little board & batten too.


Hallway:
  • Paint & complete new artwork

Basement:
  • Organize sewing area & craft room
Wouldn't this be nice?  I'm sure I would keep it that clean and organized all the time!


Mary's Bedroom:
Sewing Projects:
Right now I have several clients in line for slipcovers and another out shopping for pillow fabric.  I'm off to a busy start!

Have you made your list for 2012?

Linking up with The Nester.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Your personal goals sound a lot like mine.
I can't wait to see what you do with the to do lists. Very inspiring!
Sherry's Bees Nest

becky@cup.of.joe said...

Girl! You will be busy! Training for a half marathon, too!!!! You rock!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Wow. That's a lot of work ... why am I reading these posts? I'm getting stressed out!

I also wanted to let you know about an "Imagine the Impossibilities" challenge that I launched this week with 5 other blog friends ... and it all culminates in a multi-blog Jan 31 linky party. You can read more about it here ... http://itallstartedwithpaint.blogspot.com/2012/01/mission-impossibilities.html

Maybe you can get the sectional slipcover done in time (and then let me know how you did it because I have a sectional that the kids have "loved" a little too much ...)

We hope you'll be able to join in the fun ...

Linda
itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

Tisha said...

Yes, yes, yes, Linda, that's exactly what I need - a deadline! Thanks for letting me know about your link-up. I love a good challenge!

The Guyers said...

Saw you on the Nesting Place. Your ideas are so cute! It definitely helps to have an inspiration to work with or toward. Good luck with your goals!!

Angela @ Our Family Journey