Tuesday, January 24, 2012

menu board

Child #1: "Mom, what's for dinner?"
Me:  "I'm not really sure, dear.  Let me find that little scrap of paper where I scribbled some ideas so I could generate a grocery list to remember to buy at least most of the items I would need for that recipe.  Then I'll get back to you after I figure out what I can actually make with things from the pantry that you haven't eaten yet."
Child #2:  "Hey, Mom - what's for dinner?"



Giving credit where credit is due: this is a copy-cat craft inspired by this cute chalkboard menu board from WhipperBerry which I found via Pinterest.  Since I don't have a vinyl cutting machine, I just drew my labels on freehand with a white chalk marker.  Then I use a regular piece of chalk to write my meal plan.

Much better.  Now when Child #3 comes in asking what's for dinner, I just point to the board.

{see my snowflake branch here}

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Great idea! And it looks awesome too.
Sherry's Bees Nest