Thursday, January 12, 2012

impossible!

the space between

I love a good challenge!  (Especially if there is money involved, although I don't think there is a cash prize for this one.)

Linda @ It All Started with Paint saw my 2012 To Do List and encouraged me to take the challenge with my sectional slipcover.  Talk about a project that seems impossible.  First, the fabric laid around my sewing room for six months.  Then, three days before our baby was due I started cutting it out (how's that for nesting!).  That was eight weeks ago, and I still have less than half of it completed.  The slipcover itself is daunting since there is just so much fabric, but I'm working in little 2-hour time blocks between feedings which really bumps it up a level.  Linda's introductory post was super-inspiring - an example of impossible meets creative thinking to produce a WOW result.  Linda's challenge: to paint a vaulted ceiling.

Then I read Karah's post @ The Space Between and was even more inspired.  Her plan: to hang a gallery wall with just one screw.

And how about Gina's plan @ The Shabby Creek Cottage to redo her laundry room - she's even got a wall to build!
From The Shabby Creek Cottage

Here is what my slipcover looks like today.  As part of the challenge, I pledge to post weekly updates and will plan to be done by January 31.  Time to get crackin'!



6 comments:

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Tisha, that is one big project .... and one that I'll be tackling sometime in the spring. That means I'll be following along closely!

So glad you've signed up for the challenge! Thank you for the wonderful posts and links and button feature ...

xo

Linda
itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

P.S. Could you send me your email? You came through as a "no reply" comment on my email. We would love to send you weekly reminder emails ... Thx!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Tisha! I'm so glad you're joining the challenge, what a great project you have planned. Sorry we don't have a cash prize, that would be awesome! :) I appreciate the personal shout out in your post and you sharing our challenge button. I can't wait to follow along with your progress!
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

thistlewoodfarm said...

I can't wait to see your new slipcover! And I agree with you.....I think Linda and Karah are pretty inspiring myself! Thanks for joining the challenge and I look foward to seeing what you create!

blessings,
karianne

Eclectically Vintage said...

Thanks for joining our challenge - I can't sew a button so I can't wait to see the finished product!
Kelly

Tisha said...

Hee hee, my goal was to get a cushion covered yesterday and one today. So far I've gotten zero done. But I did go to the gym and think about cleaning my house. Got to step up the game this weekend! How many days till the end of the month?

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

Tisha,
Could you send me your email address? We are putting together an email list so we can send out "Impossibilities" reminders and would love to include you ...

You can send it to: itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

Linda