Monday, December 12, 2011

scrap fabric wreath

Yesterday, I settled down for a long winter's nap and completely skipped posting on day 11 of my "12 days of Christmas" series!  And I had even finished my craft late Saturday evening to show you!

Here it is, a straight copy-cat from this scrap fabric wreath at Simple Home Life.  I had lots of fabric strips left over from my shabby Christmas trees, so this was a great way to put them to use.


I didn't have a hoop to use as the wreath form, so I used some rolled up batting instead.  To do this, take a large rectangle (about 30" x 15") of polyester quilt batting and roll it up tight longways, jelly roll style.  The finished roll will be 30" long and a couple of inches in diameter.  Then just overlap the ends and tie a fabric scrap tightly around to hold them together.  Tie scraps intermittently around to hold the roll tight, then go back and fill in all the way around with scraps.

This craft was free since I had all the supplies and took me less than a hour to make!

Linking up to my favorite parties.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Oh I love yours! Its nice and full! What a great idea to use batting!