Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas breakfast table

The way our family get-togethers are being planned this year, it looks like the two main meals we'll be having at our house are Christmas Eve & Christmas morning breakfast, and both of these will be only for our immediate household.  Often, we host more than this, with a more formal dinner or lunch for other family members.  But since no large formal gatherings will be taking place around our table, I'm going to keep my breakfast table simple and casual. 

(I'll tell you more about our Christmas Eve meal in another post.)





I'm using the same white tablecloth and burlap scrap I made for Thanksgiving.  My shabby Christmas trees (tutorial here) will serve as the centerpiece.  The place cards were thrown together with cardstock, a red sharpie, leftover ruffled fabric scraps and a glue gun.  And the candy canes are just laying across each plate for a little more color.

The breakfast menu will include Hormel maple bacon, an egg-based casserole, French toast, baked oatmeal, and the infamous cinnamon roll recipe from the Pioneer Woman.  Mmmmm...



No comments: