Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thanksgiving ideas: vintage blue



Photos from Better Homes & Gardens, Everyday Occasions (Jenny Steffens Hobick), and Martha Stewart
 
Photo from Modern Vintage Homemaker
 
Blue mason jars and blue pumpkins...be still my beating heart!  I think this vintage look is speaking to me for my Thanksgiving tablescape.  Still, each of these photos incorporates different elements to make the looks unique.  I love the warmth of the pecans and wheat in the first photo.  Or the tropical flair that the deep leafy greenery and brown and gold fabrics add above.

I think the blue pumpkins with the butternut squash are my favorite so far, but I haven't been able to find any this size and color so late in the season.  Still looking though!


1 comment:

Sheila said...

My heart skipped a beat!! I saw vintage blue and thought cobalt (not a fan), but my love of aqua and sea glass colors... oh my, never thought I could make them work for Thanksgiving. I love fall and all the rich colors, but butternut squash with my aqua dishes!!! My heart is saying yes to all the possibilities!!!