Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thanksgiving ideas: reds & oranges

I'm trying to work ahead on a few holiday projects, and my Thanksgiving table is near the top of the list.  This weekend I was busy pinning lots of beautiful table settings to help narrow down my vision for our table this year. 

This is our table setting from last year.  I confess that I waited till the day before our family meal to put anything together, so I pulled every available wood and glass holder and candle that I could find, added a piece of unfinished burlap, and sent the children into the yard for some leaves and berries.  My place cards were made with some leftover scrapbooking paper, stickers, and a dash of burlap to tie it all together.  It turned out to be lovely, but I thought that with a little more preparation I could have a lot of fun with a more intentional design.

As I look through all of my favorite inspirations, there are so many different colors and settings that I am going to take a couple of days to share them with you.  Today I am featuring more traditional colors and items: reds and oranges with pumpkins, candles, berries, and corn.

Notice how in each of the photos that colors or items from the centerpiece have been repeated at each place setting. 

Photos from (1) Country Home; (2 & 3) Better Homes & Gardens; (4) Country Living