Friday, November 4, 2011

Thanksgiving ideas: classic white


Photos from (1 & 3) Better Homes & Gardens, (2) Pottery Barn, and (4) Confessions of a Plate Addict


White is a classic and can be used as a base for other accent colors.  In the first photo, wheat and berries add golden tones, while the other photos feature (again) reds and oranges.

My plan is to start with a white tablecloth, a burlap runner, and white dishes similar to the lovely table above set by Confessions of a Plate Addict.  I don't have a tablecloth or runner to fit our new table yet, so it's off to JoAnn for the fabric.  I think I'll also look for some faux pumpkins on sale to spray paint - I love the little white ones on each place setting.  I could add a tag on the stem to use as a place card.

For my accent colors, I'm leaning toward a non-traditional color scheme this year, although I still haven't decided exactly which direction to go.  Next week, I'll show you more of the inspiration that has me thinking.  I wonder what color pumpkins the local farmer's stand still has...

No comments: