Wednesday, November 16, 2011

ruffled diaper bag

A couple of months ago, I started thinking about a plan for my new diaper bag.  I had initially wanted to use some girly Amy Butler fabrics in pink, gold, and gray.  However, after rummaging through my scrap fabric stash, I came up with this crazy combination.

The bag pattern is from "Purses Bags & Totes" by Cindy Taylor Oates (Taylor Made Designs - TMB-159).  I love this pattern book, which I got at our local quilting store for $15 several years ago.  The ruffles weren't part of the pattern - I just added those to the outer layer of the bag before putting it all together. 

Very fun!  Wouldn't these bright colors make a cute nursery?

Linking up to my favorite parties!

 

3 comments:

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Visiting from the Shabby Nest. Your blog is so cute! I love your slogan under your header too. Plus.. thats one super cute diaper bag! Love it :)

I would love for you to share this at my Friday link party going on now. Ohh.. and enter my TinyPrints giveaway while your there :)

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh! Will you make me one of these? I don't need it for a diaper bag - I would just use it for a regular bag. It is so stinkin cute and I love your color combos! You should come and enter my Vanilla Bean Paste giveaway! http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2011/11/vanilla-bean-paste-giveaway.html

Jamie said...

This is beautiful!!
I love your blog. I'm your newest follower. Also following you on pinterest
Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.