Thursday, November 17, 2011

painted bassinet

When we had our first baby over 11 years ago, I was very practical in picking out neutral-colored baby items that would take us through boys or girls.  Last summer, we gave a lot of these items away to my brother when he had his first baby.  So when we found out we were expecting again, I started rounding up a few things for our nursery.  But this time, since we are having a girl, I wanted to go ALL PINK

A friend gave us this bassinet, which is part of a pack-n-play that we do not have.  I decided to use some pink fabric paint to go over the blue piping on the outside of the bassinet cover.  (The piping on the inside looked gray until I put this photo up - I may paint over it this weekend.)  The paint is Tulip Soft Fabric Paint in Petal Pink Matte.  I think it cost around $2 at JoAnn. 

For the new sheet, I used some fabric that was left over from Little Bit's play apron and oven mitt - "Little Cupcakes" by Holly Holderman (#LH08010 @ lakehousedrygoods.com).  This fabric is several years old, so it may not be available anymore.

Yea!  Pink!

No comments: