Monday, November 28, 2011

leopard photo frame

I had been searching for the perfect leopard photo frame, which apparently did not exist.  So I decided to make my own.

I bought this 5x7 brown wood frame at Hobby Lobby.  I used a scrap piece of leopard fabric for the stencil - I made a b&w copy of the fabric and cut away all of the black spots. (I poked a hole though each spot with scissors and carefully cut it out, leaving most of the outside in tact).  Then I traced the spots onto the frame with a pencil and painted the spots with a small brush and some black acrylic paint.  A paint pen or a sharpie would work great too.

The fern is a color print of some clip art on cardstock.

Looking at this photo, I might go back and add a top coat of spray polyurethane to give it an even shine.  The spots are a flat paint and the frame is glossier.  Or maybe not.

Linking up to my favorite parties!

No comments: