For the bibs with initials, here are the steps:
- print out huge letters in Microsoft Word
- cut a square of fabric large enough to stencil the letter
- follow package directions to iron adhesive to the back of the fabric square
- cut out the letter
- peel off the backing and iron it onto the bib
- machine-stitch around the edge (I used washable tear-away stabilizer on the top & bottom while I sewed)
For the ruffle bibs, I cut 1" strips of fabric and pushed them into ruffles as I sewed across. They are fraying a little, but I wanted kind of a shabby look. You could minimize this by cutting with pinking shears, cutting on the bias, or using ribbon instead of fabric.
The purple flower bib is my favorite. I cut out 6 or 7 two-inch circles, folded them into fourths, and stitched them together to make a shabby flower.
And I've still got more bibs in the pack to do. Any ideas?
Linking up to all my favorite parties...