Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 days to a remodeled room

Yea!  October 1st is here...welcome to opening day of the 31-day series!  Over the summer I've been working with a friend on a big transformation project in her home.  And for the month of October - the next 31 days - I will be sharing different elements of that remodel with you.  We'll start here with "before" pictures and work our way up to the BIG REVEAL on October 31st! 

I'm excited to show you the project we're going to tackle.  But first, a few disclaimers...
(I had a total panic this morning that I had misspelled "remodeled" on my fancy button that I linked up with all the other better bloggers, because I am the worst about spell-checking my work!  But I just looked it up, and it's good to go with one or two Ls, either way.  Whew...)
(1) Unless you are superwoman and have no family or job or life or anything else, this is NOT a step-by-step outline of how to actually remodel a room in just one month's span.  Instead, a different decorating element will be featured each day to be implemented over a longer stretch of time.  This project has been in the works all summer and still has a few loose ends.   

(2) The project covers multiple rooms instead of just one, but it's an open floor plan, and "31 days to Four Remodeled Rooms" just didn't seem to be a very catchy title.

So, here we go...
BEFORE
This is Becky's house.  Or WAS Becky's house.  About six months ago, we embarked on a journey to redecorate this space.  Here is a little sneaky peeky at some of the decor changes to be featured:
Be sure to check in tomorrow for "31 days: make your plan".  I can't wait to get started!
Also be sure to visit each of the fabulous hosts for the series:  
Jen:  31 Days to Balancing Both Beauty and a Budget
Jessica:  31 Days of Memory Keeping
Melissa:  31 Days: Inspired Holidays
Sandy:  31 Days of Warm Connections
Darcy: 31 Days of Photo Tips
Emily: 31 Days to Change the World
Emily: 31 Days of the Little Things
Nester:  31 Days of Charming Imperfection
And you won't want to miss the linky parties where lots of other little bloggers like me will be kicking off their 31 days of whatever.  There are so many different topics that I'm sure you'll find a few more you want follow.

Missed a post in the 31-day series? Click here for a complete list.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my PINK party! I cannot wait to watch your room unfold! I'm a follower now {here and Pinterest}! Happy blogging {and pinning}!

Deb's mind said...

I look forward to watching your room. Watch me back working on taking Cabin to Cottage in 31 days.

My Crafty Home-Life said...

This is going to be fun! Following you!

Indiri @ Turning Stones said...

Your series sounds like fun! I'll be following along and can't wait to see what you have coming!