Friday, October 28, 2011

31 days {28}: bathroom side table

Welcome to Day 28 of "31 days to a Remodeled Room." I can't believe the month is almost over.  I've really enjoyed being a part of this series - thanks, Nester, for the challenge!

Better Homes & Gardens

In the bathroom, I've shown you the wall cabinet, table & storage baskets, and art wall.  Today, I'll show you a little accent table we added.  Then this weekend I'll feature some accessories and a few still-to-do items.  Of course Monday, October 31, will be the BIG REVEAL!  I'll show you complete room photos so you can see how all of the individual elements have come together. 

Inspiration for today's item came (again) from Better Homes & Gardens (I heart their online photo galleries!).  I loved how this little side table had been tucked in between the two sinks.  I wanted to add something like this between Becky's sink and toilet to break up that wall and make the room look less "bathroomy." 

So she painted a little table in the same "Interesting Aqua" as the living room sideboard and the kitchen island, continuing to pull that color throughout the space.  We accessorized the table with a tall galvanized bucket and some silk forsythia to repeat the yellow, but she could also change that out seasonally as she updates her other decor.

Tomorrow: misc. accessories - trash can, toilet paper holder, towel ring, apothecary jars, etc.
Missed a post in the 31-day series? Click here for a complete list.  And check out over 700 other bloggers who are participating with their own topics for the month of October.


No comments: