Monday, October 17, 2011

31 days {17}: accessorize buffet

Country Living
It's Day 17 of "31 days to a Remodeled Room!"  Today I am featuring one of the elements of our room that is still in progress, so you'll have to use a little imagination with me, please...

I was going to call this post "accessorize sideboard," because although Becky and I refer to the piece of furniture we'll be looking at today as a buffet, I've already done a post about the living room buffet and wanted a different title.  Turns out, after googling the difference in terms, that I should have called the former piece the sideboard, and that today's piece is indeed a buffet.  Essentially, these furniture pieces are the same except for the room in which they are placed.  Sideboard = living room; buffet = dining room.  So, there is your furniture vocabulary lesson for the day.

At any rate, this buffet needed new accessories to make it more staged.  (To see the before photo again, click here - this buffet is the piece that backs up to the loveseat between the two rooms.)  I saw this chicken wire cloche set in Country Living and fell in love.  We have tried to order these with some complications, so I've been scanning tutorials online and think I'll try my hand at making a set or two.  Then I'm planning to stick a potted plant under the biggest one (maybe change it up with a mini-pine for winter, a flowering bulb in the spring, and a fern for summer); a white porcelain bird on a candle pillar in the middle-sized one; and a stack of turquoise finger bowls that Becky already has in the small one.  It might be cute to set the small one on a cake plate or similar for more height.

Look for a future post about these - I'd love to have these done before the holidays!
And don't miss tomorrow's post as I take you into the kitchen.  We're going to paint Becky's cabinets!!!

Missed a post in the 31-day series? Click here for a complete list.   Visit the other 31-day bloggers - there are over 700 participants, and it's not too late to find one (or a few) topics you want to follow! 

No comments: