Tuesday, September 20, 2011

monogrammed beverage tub

It's easy to add a custom monogram to a beverage tub.  All you need is a monogram stencil and a sharpie marker!

1A)  To make your monogram the lazy way (like me), you'll need to have an item that is already monogrammed, like a purse or towel.    Take your item and copy it, enlarging the monogram until it fits the space the way you want it to.  (It's okay if you don't have a monogram to use...just skip down to the make-your-own in step 1B.)

1B)  If you want to create your own personalized monogram instead, check out this video link for MS Word.  (There are similar videos for other programs if you prefer Publisher, PhotoShop, etc.) 

2)  After printing out my right-sized monogram, I cut away the letters using small, sharp scissors.  Then I centered the stencil on the tub and taped it in place on each side. 

3)  Using a pencil, I carefully traced each letter onto the tub.  Finally, using a fine-tipped black Sharpie marker, I colored in the letters.  And that's it!  Quick & easy!

{Linking up}



Todays Creative Blog           Anything Related

7 comments:

Jenny said...

This looks so great -- I love it!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Jordan@the2seasons said...

I have just been browsing your blog and saw this project. I love it!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Ooooh. Like! Very nice. Those metal tubs are so fun for parties!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Never thought to monogram those tubs...but it looks terrific..a bit of chic to a common item as a galvanized tub...I love it!!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Tisha,

This is soooo cute! I have to make one....I'm going to put my vinyl maker on the job.

blessings,
karianne

Kelly @ Eclectically Vintage said...

You are on a roll! Love monograms and this tub is fabulous!
Thanks again for linking up!
Kelly

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Beautiful Tisha! I sure do heart a monogram. :)