Monday, September 26, 2011

fall decor

Fall is finally here!  This weekend, our family celebrated the final passing of summer, and today, I pulled out the fall decorations and hit Home Goods and JoAnn.

I'm really a less-is-more kind of gal, so I don't have a ton of orange and pumpkin.  But a little here and a little there, and fall is in the air!  (Never mind that it is still summer weather here.)


One of my favorite ways to change decor with the seasons is my little 16" throw pillows in the living room - I have orange pillow covers for fall, a red geometric print for Christmas, white & silver for the rest of the winter months, and bright yellows & greens for spring & summer.


Now, if I can just get all the children's fall clothes unpacked and organized...

(Want to make your own monogrammed pumpkin?  You can follow the same steps I used for my Monogrammed Beverage Tub.  I actually used a small brush and black acrylic paint on the pumpkin, but you could use a Sharpie or a paint pen too.  I use Sharpies for lots of crafts!)

Linking up to: Between Naps on the Porch, Making the World Cuter, Etcetorize, The Lettered CottageSugar Bee, Today's Creative Blog, Blue Cricket Design, Ginger Snap Crafts, Shabby Creek Cottage, Somewhat Simple, Beyond the Picket Fence, Shabby Nest, Just a Girl, Fingerprints on the Fridge.

The Lettered Cottage

Be sure to check in next week as the October "31-day" series begins!

3 comments:

Etcetorize said...

Very nice mantel, and I love that big pumpkin on your coffee table! Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize~

gotjoy3 said...

It is all very nice. I really like the table set up.

Vicky said...

Great display! I am in love with that monogramed pumpkin you did. What a nice touch. I am a new follower from Blue Cricket Design. Vicky @ www.messforless.net